“A book, too, can be a star, ‘explosive material, capable of stirring up fresh life endlessly,’ a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe.”
― Madeleine L’Engle
Hi! I’m glad you’re here.
You might be looking for:
- Book of the Week: one-minute booktalks
- Lesson & unit plans: elementary school, middle school
- Information about me and this website
A few specific frequent requests:
- Banned Books case studies (gr. 8+)
- Racism in Picture Books case study (gr. 8+)
- Investigating Historical Fiction with Primary Sources (gr. 5-8)
- Why We Live Where We Live (gr. 2-3)
Something else? Check the list of categories on the right, or scroll down to see what’s new.